Celebrate the beginning of Spring by spicing up your Sabbath dinner! For a great alternative to everyone’s favorite cheese lasagna try this recipe for Mexican Lasagna. Worthington® Diced Chik is available for purchase from The Happy Cow.
• 2 packages (9 oz. each) Worthington® Diced Chik
• 1 can (16 oz.) fat-free refried beans
• 2 teaspoons ground oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 cup water
• 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
• 2 1/2 cups hot water
• 2 1/2 cups chunky picante sauce
• 2 cups fat-free sour cream
• 3/4 cup sliced green onions
• 1 can (2 oz.) sliced black olives
• 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
• 1/2 cup fat-free Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Chop or crumble Worthington® Diced Chik into small bits. Combine chopped patties, beans, spices and 1/2 cup water.
2. Spray 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place 4 uncooked lasagna noodles in bottom of baking dish. Spread 1/2 of prepared mixture from above over noodles. Repeat ending with noodles on top.
3. Pour hot water and picante sauce over noodles and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350° F for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Combine sour cream and green onions. Spread over top of casserole. Sprinkle with cheeses and top with olives. Return uncovered to oven until cheese is melted (5-10 minutes).
This recipe is being shared from Worthington Foods. Visit them online for product information or for more vegetarian recipe ideas.